When you use the same program frequently, it goes into the Most Frequently Used Programs section of the XP Start menu.
By default, the eight most frequently used programs show up here. If you'd like XP to display more (or fewer) programs, you can change that. Here's how:
- Right click the Start button.
- Select Properties.
- On the Start Menu tab, click the Customize button.
- On the General tab, under "Programs" in the middle of the page, set the number of programs you want to appear on the most frequently used menu. You can select from 0 to 30.
- Click OK, and then OK again to exit the dialog boxes.
- If you select a high number, you should also select "small icons" on the General tab so there will be room to display them all.