Open source backup and recovery software maker Zmanda introduced what it posits is the first comprehensive, enterprise-class backup and recovery solution designed specifically for MySQL databases.
Zmanda Recovery Manager (ZRM) for MySQL is the first backup and recovery solution that meets the requirements of MySQL database administrators (DBAs) and also provides enterprise-class backup and recovery features.
ZRM for MySQL includes a full set of backup and recovery tools in an integrated, easy-to-use and low-cost offering.
With ZRM for MySQL, DBAs can prevent the serious damage caused by data loss in the event of system or database failure.
It includes essential, enterprise-class functionality for MySQL DBAs, such as granular recovery capability, an automatic backup scheduler, the ability to set backup retention policies, and reporting and monitoring. ZRM for MySQL integrates with a variety of network-based data protection solutions, such as Amanda Enterprise software.
ZRM for MySQL meets the requirements of the MySQL DBA with features such as:
- MySQL storage engine awareness: ZRM for MySQL detects the specific storage engine that is being used by MySQL and then implements a backup process that is optimized for that storage engine.
- Local and remote configuration support: ZRM for MySQL can be implemented on the database server or can manage backups of the database server from a remote system.
- Granular recovery: ZRM for MySQL can recover a database easily to any point in time or to any particular database event between two backups.
Backup analysis: ZRM for MySQL enables the DBA to analyze backup performance measurements and their impact on application operations.
ZRM for MySQL also includes enterprise-class backup and recovery features such as:
- Automatic backup scheduler: ZRM for MySQL can schedule full and incremental backups of MySQL database. These backups can be logical or raw.
- Backup Policies: ZRM for MySQL allows the DBA to set retention policies that meet compliance requirement or corporate governance standards.
- Monitoring and reporting: ZRM for MySQL provides pre-defined, user customizable reporting and as well as real time monitoring of backup activity.
- Network integration: ZRM for MySQL is easy to integrate with any existing network backup solution, such as Amanda.
ZRM for MySQL is open source software, available in an enterprise version and a community version.
The enterprise version is available as part of a paid subscription to the Zmanda Network that includes certified and pre-compiled software, technical support, knowledgebase access, software updates and security alerts.
The community version is available at no cost and can be downloaded at http://www.zmanda.com/downloads.html.