HP introduced an all-in-one storage system for that same market to help customers lower the cost and complexity of their data storage environments. The HP StorageWorks 1200 All-in-One Storage System (HP AiO1200) is the newest member of the company’s easy-to-use family of storage systems for SMBs. Unlike competing offerings, this integrated system is designed for IT generalists who have no storage expertise.
“As a clear leader in the SMB space, HP sees the business-to-business technology market at a tipping point where spending among small and medium-size businesses is growing faster than spending among enterprise businesses,” said Renggli. “This puts HP in a prime position to deliver tailored products and expertise to help businesses grow, reduce costs and mitigate risk.”
Programs for small and medium businesses
HP also has expanded its offerings to help SMBs choose the right technology for their specific needs by using the company’s:
* Products: the new HP AiO1200 is the fourth new HP server and storage product released in 2007 designed specifically for SMBs;
* Alliances: HP has alliances specific to midsize customers with the five major global independent software vendors – Citrix Systems, Microsoft, Oracle, SAGE and SAP – which provide most of the applications midsize businesses use today;
* Tools: These include product sizers for choosing an appropriate hardware platform, and more than 75 solutions configurations, including nine new Microsoft® Exchange 2007 configurations that are easily accessible through hp.com – for simple, affordable and reliable deployment;
* Sales professionals: HP has expanded the number of its sales professionals to support channel partners reaching midsize business customers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa;
* Programs: These include the Simply StorageWorks and ProLiant Business Advantage, which help customers purchase and design server and storage platforms that best meet their technology and business needs.
“The HP StorageWorks All-in-One solution is a perfect match for our file vaulting, back-up, and disaster recovery needs,” said Dwight Smith, product data management specialist, CalsonicKansei North America, Inc. “In less than two hours, we were able to get our first AiO system up and running and have since added a second system onto our platform which requires little management effort and experiences no downtime. HP’s continued effort to deliver tailored solutions to their customers is paying off.”
HP StorageWorks 1200 All-in-One Storage System
The HP AiO1200 helps customers easily and reliably store, share, manage and protect rapidly growing pools of application and file data. It seamlessly blends file serving, shared storage array and data protection functions.
“HP carefully thought out the HP All-in-One 1200 storage system to provide the specific features and capabilities that make it easy for SMB users to implement and manage a storage network,” said Tony Asaro, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “It is not just a watered down version of a more expensive storage system. HP is one of the best at bringing storage networking to SMB customers because of their support, brand awareness and portfolio of SMB-oriented products.”
The HP AiO1200 provides customers with increased storage density in a 2U form factor. The high-performance controller in a 12-drive array allows storage to be allocated at a highly granular level depending on business demands. Unlike competitive offerings, the All-in-One Storage Manager features mixed drive support, which lets customers leverage the cost efficiencies of serial ATA (SATA) with the speed and reliability of serial-attached SCSI (SAS).
The All-in-One Storage Manager now includes setup and migration wizard support for Microsoft Exchange 2007 so customers can move from direct-attached to network storage in fewer than 10 mouse clicks. It also can now provision iSCSI storage for servers running both the 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows® Server 2003, and setup and migration wizards give administrators the flexibility to mix and drive technologies to meet the storage needs of individual applications.
In addition, customers can manage their entire storage stack using the All-in-One Storage Manager with extended support for HP StorageWorks Modular Smart Array storage enclosures.
The HP AiO1200 is available now with 12 drive bays, up to 9 terabytes of capacity and SATA or SAS options. It will be sold primarily through HP’s network of more than 145,000 channel resellers worldwide. The AiO1200 features Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 R2 and the Microsoft iSCSI Software Target, helping small and midsize organizations use enterprise-class storage technology to improve their efficiency and productivity.