One Mobile Ring is starting a regular feature where our editors and contributors list their ten 'must have apps', for their own respective mobile phones.
These are all to be essential applications that they cannot live without and deem them as necessity for everyday life.
First up is 'BT', who has been a mobile phone enthusiast and aficionado for many-a-year but has steered clear of the Apple iPhone - until very recently.
The following is his list of top ten apps for the Apple mobile phone, and as a new user to the handset he is best suited to discover all that the platform can offer, first hand too.
1. Napster - with its ability to listen to over 13 million full-length songs, from new releases and old favourites and all for just $10 a month. The user can save songs, playlists, and albums to the iPhone to enjoy when not connected and listen whilst other apps run in the background.
2. LogMeIn - where it's possible to remotely control the PC or Mac, plus view, transfer and save files or folders, from a single app on the iPhone. Ignition works with LogMeIn's award-winning free software, with an unlimited number of remote computers being able to be accessed Apple handset.
3. Camera+ - offers up the ability to be able to use the iPhone to shoot the best photos possible. Packed with several useful features that a standard camera app doesn't include, pics taken will improve the instant Camera+ is used.
4. Flashlight - uses the LED light on the iPhone 4 and fills the screen with bright white light to illuminate the world when you find yourself in a dark spot or concert. This includes fully customisable special effects including: Strobe Light, Trippy, S.O.S., Yin-Yang, Halloween, Candy Hearts, Holiday Lights and more.
5. 360 - the only Browser that has Firefox Sync, Download Manager, ability to view Flash Videos using CC Plugin, Media Player, Dropbox along with literally 200+ other features presented with the most innovative design.
6. Word Lens - this can instantly translate printed words from one language to another, from the built-in video camera and in real time too.
7. Trover - is a social network that lets discoveries be shared with friends and fellow explorers in a fun, visual way and all based on your location.
8. EQu - has the ability to shape sound to match a particular style, a mood and the acoustic environment. It is also possible to subtly adjust the spectral balance to get the most out of the attached speakers and headphones, at any playback volume.
9. Songkick - allows the user to track their favourite bands, so that they will never miss them live. The app scans the music library and creates a personalised calendar based on the bands and location.
10. String - which is a piece of software that can be plugged in into any iOS project, which lets the owner display rich 3D graphics on top of the camera view as if they existed in the real world.
Originally published at OneMobileRing.com