We currently have the following positions available:
Contract Production Editor Role
Net Communities is an independently owned, expanding digital publishing and advertising business, first established in 1999, when it launched flagship technology site www.ITProPortal.com
Now the Net Communities publishing team are looking for a Production Editor to help manage our army of freelance writers and contributors.
Over the years Net Communities has evolved into other areas and its wider business represents an unrivalled portfolio of complementary leading technology and lifestyle sites. Clients are among the most illustrious names in the technology sector and beyond.
Our office has a never ending supply of chocolate and fruit, and on Fridays a fridge fully stocked with beer and wine. There’s an office Sonos system that all staff can control along with an xBox complete with numerous games and an arcade machine with all the old classics. Raining outside? No problem, breakfast and lunch is available to buy from your seat from the travelling Sandwich Man.
Responsible for maintaining our owned and operated publication ITProPortal.com, the Production Editor will be responsible for managing content from commissioning through to publication with a focus on optimisation to ensure maximum exposure.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about digital content, online publishing and technology. You will have an interest and understanding on SEO and be driven by results.
- News sourcing, prioritisation, and freelance delegation
- Proof-reading and editing content
- Freelance team management – Including the freelance budget
- Liaise with PR companies on a daily basis
- Assist in planning, executing and reporting on paid campaigns.
- Manage social media channels
- Optimise content for SEO purposes
- Assist in delivering affiliate campaigns
- Attend events to report on stories and find content (interviews/news stories/ features)
- Knowledge of a CMS (WordPress, Django)
- Social media and associated 3rd party applications.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work full-time in London and travel abroad as required
- Savvy in commercial aspects of online publishing with a business mindset
- Ability to network effectively
- Ability to see through “sales” talk and what’s just marketing
- Negotiation technique
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Interest in Technology
- Basic HTML
- Video/Podcast editing
- Basic image editing
- Negotiation skills
To apply for this position please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com