Seagate Technology announced that Panasonic System Solutions Company was to implement its removable 2.5-inch hard drive cartridge for its WJ-ND200 Network Video Recorder (NVR) for video surveillance recording applications - to enable the more effective archive and transport of surveillance video.
Seagate's removable hard disc drive cartridge is a rugged solution built around its popular Momentus 5400.2 2.5-inch hard drives, with storage capacities up to 120GB.
The removable cartridge solution has the potential to be tailored into other surveillance systems and other market segments because of its straightforward, simple way to move digital content where and when you want it.
According to J.P. Freeman Co., the estimated worldwide market for video surveillance equipment is $4.5B at the factory level with a compound average growth rate of 18%.
Further, when you take out the analog portion of this market and look just at digital systems, the market is growing at more than double this rate or approximately 42%.
Panasonic's selection of Seagate's removable cartridge solution is an example of how all segments of the video surveillance market continue to make a rapid transition from tape to hard drive based storage.
Using this convenient cartridge form factor, Panasonic can now offer the WJ-ND200 IP network video recorder and provide unique features to its customers such as:
- Reliable, rugged and removable recording for security and surveillance applications;
- Many hours of recording time and archiving with up to 120GB of capacity;
- Reduced initial installation costs;
- Ability to easily save important data for long time periods or provide evidentiary video to authorities by swapping cartridges;
- Save space and energy with a convenient small form factor.