With 10,000 home workers, BT has built up a wealth of knowledge about how to realise the benefits of flexible working. Steve Masters describes how the company uses VoIP and other IP-based systems to create new ways of working and explains the importance of managing the cultural, process and organisational challenges.
He explains what the company has learnt about using these enabling technologies to re-engineer and improve business processes, the payback for BT, suitable types of work for flexible working, as well as the business challenges raised for managing in the extended workplace.
• The hard and soft benefits of home working
• Using video-conferencing and other applications
• Developing innovative working practices
• Managing in a flexible work environment
• How business processes can be improved
• Evolving a new concept of work