Whether you are a business or an individual, it pays to consider O2's Broadband packages. O2 purchased Be and has benefited from the latter's expertise in high speed broadband.
Depending on your requirements, you could go either for a Standard, Premium or Ultimate package. A comparison of all three packages can be found here.
From the onset, it is clear that you only need to consider the 8mbps Standard or the 20mbps Ultimate package because the price difference between the two is only £7.50 per month.
The ISP uses ADSL2+ technology which means that it is more stable than the usual ADSL broadband and offers higher speeds on longer distances.
O2 customers will benefit from a £5 per month rebate and even existing prepay customers automatically getting the discount.
Amongst the highlights of the packaged include
- Unlimited usage
- Free 24/7 UK based customer service
- Free O2 Wireless Box (which some have identified as a Thomson ST780WL Router)
- 100 Free web texts per month worth £6.99
- 3 licenses of McAfee Security Application worth £21.97
- 10 Email addresses with 1GB of storage for the main account and 200MB for all the others (effectively giving you 2.8GB)
- Free Connection till the end of March 2008
- Static IP address
- O2 contacts
- O2 Email to Mobile. Get emails directly on your handset if you're an O2 mobile customer; it's free to receive up to 1,000 emails every month.
Unlike a few of its competitors, O2 offers the same quality of service for all three packages; the only difference being the upload and download speeds.
The length of the contract is a standard 1 year and you will have to check first whether O2 covers your area before ordering from them.
Don't forget that you will still have to pay BT for the line rental.
O2 Broadband offers exceptionally strong broadband packages for the price charged; businesses will appreciate the fact that O2 is charging a fixed fee and may be enticed by the Static IP offer.
With a rumoured business iPhone package coming, this could yet be another unique selling point for O2 Broadband.
Individual customers will be wooed by its customer service, its security features and the goodies like free text support and free connection.
It is not surprising therefore that they have attracted many positive reviews and have managed to avoid issues that have dogged so many cheap broadband providers.