The Samsung Spinpoint F1 is the first three-disk hard drive delivering a whopping 1TB of capacity along with sophisticated recording technology.
With its compact, lightweight package and advanced design, the F1 drive offers many advantages for high-density applications compared to using two 500GB drives or a four or five-disk solution.
Compared to a five-disk 1TB solution, the F1 Series consumes 13-16% less power and provides up to 20% faster performance.
This 3Gbps SATA drive has a maximum of 334GB of formatted capacity per disk while also featuring Samsung’s industry-leading NoiseGuard and SilentSeek‚ technologies to eliminate acoustic noise.
The Spinpoint F1 utilizes Samsung-developed perpendicular recording technology, which helps the drive set new records in both areal density and platter capacity.
Ebuyer sells those for £79.99 delivered. At this price, they won't last for long.
- Max. 334GB Formatted Capacity per Disk
- Serial ATA 3.0Gbps Interface Support
- Improved recording stability over temperature with PMR
- Advanced dynamic FOD control for best data integrity
- Intelligent compensation of external disturbance
- SATA Native Command Queuing Feature
- Device Initiated SATA Power Management
- Staggerd Spin-up Support
- Environment friendly product with RoHS compliance
- Improved performance with dual-ARM based firmware
- ATA S.M.A.R.T. Compliant
- ATA Automatic Acoustic Management Feature
- ATA 48-bit Address Feature
- ATA Device Configuration Overlay Feature