Who would want to be a podcaster! Unfortunately I lost my Podcast with John Stewart Vice President and Chief Security Officer for Cisco who gave the keynote talk on Critical Infrastructure Security.
I’m going to attempt to give some of the interesting thought provoking highlights in the next few blogs but very quickly
• Patching & Anti-Virus are No Longer Effective as a First-Line Defence
• Blacklisting technology cannot cope with today’s threat landscape
• The bad guys only have to get it right once to cause us pain
• Data Analytics Is The Future
• Heuristic analysis and white listing is one way forward
• Everyday we spend a lot of currency on trying to resolve problems that have been with us for the last few decades. Why not spend that money differently.
• Collaboration is another way forward
If you would like more information on Cisco’s security see this page