The FZ28 is the successor of the popular FZ18 and comes with a slightly increased resolution (10.1 vs 8.0 MP) and all the zoom range ever needed (27-486mm, 35mm equivalent).
The DMC-FZ28 is joining Panasonic’s popular FZ series of cameras packing a high-powered zoom into a compact body.
The FZ28 also features 10.1-megapixel resolution and adds a number of enhanced features that boost user fun and convenience through an advanced „Intelligent Auto“ mode, enabling users of any level to take high-quality pictures.
Also the "Auto Focus" Tracking function, allows users to lock the focus on a moving subject.
The camera then automatically tracks the subject as it moves, keeping it in focus without the need to hold the shutter halfway down.
AF Tracking enables to capture moving subjects and take your picture at the ideal moment.
The AF Tracking technology also improves Face Detection (up to 15 faces), by providing continuous adjustment of the focus and exposure, even if the face is turned away from the camera.
In addition to the AF Tracking functionality, Panasonic's other iA technologies include:
- Intelligent Exposure The camera will automatically adjust the brightness according to the ligthness.
- Digital Red-eye Correction
- MEGA O.I.S. – Gyrosensors detect hand-shake and the lens system shifts to compensate, helping to prevent hand-shake from creating a blurry image.
- Intelligent ISO – Determines if the photo subject is moving and changes the ISO setting and shutter speed accordingly, thus giving a blur-free photo.
- Intelligent Scene Selector – Senses the ambient conditions, recognizes the shooting environment and will automatically select the appropriate scene mode from: Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait or Night Scenery mode. This helps the photographer to use the most common scene modes without making any manual adjustments.
- Quick AF (Auto Focus) – Starts focusing on the subject just by pointing the camera at the subject.
Image Leveling - When a captured image "leans" to the right or left because the camera was held at a slight angle when the photo was taken, the Image Leveling function rotates the image to straighten it and crops the unnecessary edges. No computer needed!
- Scene Modes - The DMC-FZ28 is offering 37 scene modes to respond easily to any shooting situation.
- Flash - Reaching a distance of 8.5 meters at the wide setting and 5.4 meters at the telephoto setting (ISO AUTO).
- SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0 SE - Software application comes bundled with the DMC-FZ28 for editing and developing images in the RAW file format.
This post was contributed by eXpansys plc, the owner of the eXpansys brand, the largest wireless technology online retail business in Europe and the USA.