Based on the 4870 architecture this card features a new GPU and much faster GDDR5 memory.
Clocking in at 850MHz core speed and 3900MHz out of the box this card is anywhere between 10-15% faster than the previous 4870 graphics card.
In our own testing we found these cards to perform extremely well but things start to get really exciting when you use the supplied ATI Overdrive utility within the catalyst drivers.
- ATI Radeon HD 4890 GPU @ 850MHz
- 1024MB GDDR5 Memory @ 3900MHz
- ATI advanced cooling solution
- 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) and high performance anisotropic filtering
- PCI Express 2.0 support
- ATI CrossFireX Multi-GPU Technology
- Microsoft DirectX 10.1 support
- Shader Model 4.1
- ATI Avivo HD video and display technology
- Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD) for Blu-ray and HD Video
- Built-in HDMI with 7.1 surround sound support
- On-chip HDCP