Skip to main content

EA Inks Five-year Facebook Credits Deal

Electronic Arts (EA) has inked a five year with Facebook that will see EA games using Facebook Credits on the platform.

Facebook Credits are a virtual payment model, created by the social networking company, that allows its users to purchase digital goods, in-game items and applications on the platform.

According to Business Week, EA will keep 70 per cent of all sales that come from using Facebook Credits, while the remaining 30 per cent will go to the social network.

Facebook has already signed similar deals with FarmVille creator Zynga, Playdom and Crowdstar, allowing gamers to purchase digital in-game merchandise on their titles.

“Since gaming has emerged as the most popular category of applications on Facebook, the natural next step is for EA to broaden its relationship with Facebook and its 500 million users,” Barry Cottle, senior vice president and general manager for EA Interactive said in a statement.

EA games on the platform include Pet Society, Monopoly, and Restaurant City.