US telco Verizon has contrived to leak details of Samsung’s new smart phone the Continuum which is supposed to launch later today.
Samsung is holding launch events for the device later today.
The specs of the device, which we've lifted from the pdf to save you the bother, are notable for what it doesn't say about Android - we suspect it runs version 2.2. And for what is does say about a 1.8-inch Super AMOLED Ticker Display, which we're sure serves some useful purpose.
The thing seems to have all the bells, whistles, doo-dads and time-wasting bits and bobs that you might expect from what are allegedly 'smart' phones
• 3.4-inch Super AMOLED touch screen plus 1.8-inch Super AMOLED Ticker Display
• CDMA 1X/EVDO Rev-A Wireless Technology
• Android OS
• Google applications, including Google Talk and Gmail
• Android Market, plus pre-loaded applications
– Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
– 3G Mobile Hotspot
– Bluetooth 3.0
– Dial Up Networking
• Messaging Features
– Text Messaging
– Picture Messaging
– Video Messaging
– Voice Messaging
– Mobile Instant Messenger (IM)
• Bing Maps and Search
• VZ Navigator
• 5 Megapixel CMOS Camera/Camcorder
• Picture Gallery, supporting JPEG, PNG, GIF, A-GIF, WBMP and BMP formats
• HD Video Player (720p), supporting H.263, H.264, MPEG4, 3GP, 3G2, WMV (v9), Xvid and DivX formats
• DivX Certified to play DivX video up to 320x240
• Music Player, supporting WAV, MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB,AMR-WB, WMA (v9/10), EVRC, QCELP, MIDI, and SP-MIDI formats
• Support for V CAST Media Manager, with V CAST Music with Rhapsody,
V CAST Tones and V CAST Videos applications installed
• Voice recognition by Nuance
• Support for microSD and microSDHC Memory Cards up to 32GB
• Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Technology.
We'll have to wait till later on to find out what it costs.