Skip to main content

Analyst Claims Apple May Make 22 Million iPhones in Q4 2011

Cupertino based tech giant Apple Inc. could make somewhere around 22 million iPhones in the forthcoming quarter, according to new reports.

The forecast was made by Rodman & Renshaw analyst Ashok Kumar, and according to him, at least one-fourth of the said 22 million to-be-made units are likely to be of the iPhone 5 alone, scheduled to be launched sometimes during the coming October. Apple is yet to confirm the official release date of the hugely anticipated device though.

If the forecast of Mr. Kumar really turns out to be true and the iPhone 5 ends up comprising 25 percent of the overall 22 million units to be produced, it is almost certain that the iPhone 4 will be grabbing a rather huge proportion of the remaining 75 percent, thus sustaining its glorious performance in the global market throughout the rest of the year.

Apparently, Kumar justifies his prediction by arguing that the fifth generation iPhone is likely to come as an "upgrade and not a complete redesign," thus making its older sibling iPhone 4 a cheaper and more reasonable offering in comparison to the former.

He also stated that it is highly likely on Apple’s part to continue with the sales of the iPhone 4 until a completely redesigned new member in the product line hits the market.