Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC has reportedly started testing the workarounds it plans to implement on its Android powered smartphones to avoid getting banned from the US market.
According to Daily Mail, HTC CEO Peter Chou told reporters that the company was already testing the workaround in some of its devices but, failed to provide the details about the devices being tested.
Apple had won an important patent infringement lawsuit against HTC at the US International Trade Commission, which had found HTC violating one Apple patent in its smartphones. The patent was related to the manner in which the dialer or email page open when a user clicks on an unknown number or email address.
ITC has asked HTC to find and implement a workaround to remove the infringing technology from the devices before April 19, 2012 or else it won't be allowed to ship infringing products into the country.
HTC had said at that time that it was pleased with the ITC ruling and had already started finding out a way to skirt the ban.
"We are very pleased with the determination and we respect it. However, the '647 patent is a small UI experience and HTC will completely remove it from all of our phones soon," the company had said.