Antec has announced the release of a new sequel enclosure to the original Three Hundred, naming it something wonderfully imaginative: Three Hundred Two.
It joins several other enclosures as part of the "Gamer Series," and features a matt black paint job and a sleek, professional look. Antec describes it as an enclosure that is "designed to handle today's and tomorrow's high-performance systems that are custom built for gamers from the inside-out."
In terms of cooling, the Three Hundred Two packs in twin "TwoCool" fans at the front, a rear 120mm exhaust fan and what looks like another 120mm on the roof panel. Antec describes that there's space for two other optional fans, one on the side panel and interestingly another 120mm exhaust sitting behind the motherboard tray.
One of the other touted features of the case is its "extensive compatibility and expandability". This case has eight expansion slots providing space for up to three graphics cards with a maximum length of 12.5". This makes the Three Hundred Two compatible with three way crossfire or SLI.
"The Three Hundred Two is an excellent enclosure for those who want to build a reliable, long-lasting PC," said Mafalda Cogliani, Global Marketing Director for Antec. "The enclosure has great cooling and expandability options, making it the perfect choice for anyone looking to build a new and affordable gaming PC with high functionality and design."
The case is already available on US retail websites like Newegg, and has an MSRP of $79.95. However, some sites already have it for as low as $69.99.
The full specifications have been released by Antec and are as follows:
11 drive bays
- 3 x 5.25" tool-less drive bays
- 2 x 2.5" drive bays (dedicated)
- 6 x 3.5" tool-less drive bays
Motherboards: Standard ATX, microATX, Mini-ITX
- 8 expansion slots
- Maximum graphics card size: 12.5" (318 mm)
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 6.7" (170 mm)
- 1 x 120 mm rear
- TwoCoolTM fan 1 x 140 mm top
- TwoCoolTM fan 2 x 120 mm front intake fans (optional)
- 1 x 120 mm side intake fan (optional)
- 1 x 120 mm side exhaust fan behind motherboard (optional)
- Perforated front bezel for maximum air intake
- Water cooling support: top water cooling grommets
- Enlarged CPU cutout
Front I/O ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 with internal motherboard connector
- Audio In/Out
No power supply included
- 513 mm (H) x 229 mm (W) x 471 mm(D)
- 20.2" (H) x 9" (W) x 18.5" (D)
- 565 mm (H) x 290 mm (W) x 525 mm (D)
- 22.2" (H) x 11.4" (W) x 20.7" (D)
- 15.3 lb (6.9 kg)