Net Communities, the owner of ITProPortal.com, is a rapidly expanding, UK-based technology publishing company and is seeking enthusiastic writers to join its expanding team of freelancers, contributing round-the-clock content for its flagship technology website.
You will ideally be based within the PST, EST, GMT or EDT time zones, or be prepared to work within the hours of these regions.
You will have a deep knowledge and passion for technology and be interested in helping us cover topics like: hardware, web, entertainment, security, storage, cloud computing, enterprise/business technology, open source, networking, consumer technology, developer, operating systems and e-government.
The job will offer you the chance to raise your profile by writing for an audience of more than 1.5 million unique visitors per month.
This position requires the production of regular, topical news stories in the technology space, seven days a week. Work will be undertaken remotely, but management, guidance and training will be provided by the in-house editors.
Although writing quality is paramount, the ability to sniff out a good story, or see a different angle on a well covered subject are equally important. Rate will be dependent on your experience.
Successful applicants will:
- have excellent command of written English.
- be able to write catchy headlines.
- be able to research and suggest content ideas.
- be able to use online content management systems (training will be given).
- have basic knowledge of image editing and HTML.
- have practical knowledge of social media, with SEO/online marketing desirable.
- be confident with the concept of tags and tagging.
- be flexible when it comes to working hours.
- be available via Skype for the whole working day.
Interested candidates should send:
- a covering letter outlining why they want to join our team.
- a detailed CV.
- links to any published works.
- details of specialist interests and expertise.
- availability time-wise, and time zone.
- whether you'd be available to cover live events.
Get in touch with us at email@example.com for more details and to submit your application.