The world’s best business tablet app developers have been recognised at the annual Tabby Awards /Business ceremony with winners coming from five different countries across the globe.
New York City played host to the second version of the awards with apps across all major platforms handed gongs and US-based Slideshark the only company to take home two awards as it was recognised as the best presentation app and best productivity app.
"I have been been extremely impressed by the work from all of the finalists, and it has been a challenge to select the winners amongst so many great apps," said Milind Gadekar, co-founder and CEO of CloudOn, a previous Tabby Award /Business winner. "As tablets continue to bridge our personal and professional lives, these applications are increasingly important and it is encouraging to see such focus on helping today's workforce stay productive."
Companies from as far afield as Poland, Canada, Australia, Germany and the USA were handed awards in a number of categories that covered everything from finance, retail and sales, to government, education and training.
Awards were handed out at the end of the TabTimes TabletBiz conference and expo, with the full list of winners along with the OS and home country as follows:
- Best Collaboration app: Fuze for iPad [iOS], by FuzeBox [USA]
- Best Communications app: ClickMeeting Videoconferencing [iOS], by Implix [Poland]
- Best Creation and Design app: Concepts: Smarter Sketching [iOS], by TopHatch [USA]
- Best Data Access and Collection app: Citrix ShareFile [iOS], by Citrix [USA]
- Best Education and Training app: Curious [iOS], by Curious.com [USA]
- Best Finance app: Kashoo [iOS], by Kashoo [Canada]
- Best Government, Institution and Public Service app: AsdeqDocs [iOS], by AsdeqDocs [Australia]
- Best Healthcare and Pharmaceutical app: SAP EMR Unwired [Windows 8], by SAP [USA]
- Best In-the-field app: AutoCAD 360 [Android and iOS], by Autodesk [USA]
- Best Intelligence, Information and Reference app: MicroStrategy Mobile [iOS], by MicroStrategy Mobile [USA]
- Best IT or Business Tool app: tibbr [iOS], by Tibco [USA]
- Best Marketing app: Tecan Cavro Omni Robot Configurator [iOS], by Kaon Interactive [USA]
- Best Presentation app: SlideShark [iOS], by Brainshark [USA]
- Best Productivity app: SlideShark [iOS], by Brainshark [USA]
- Best Retail app: Revel Systems iPad POS [iOS], by Revel Systems [USA]
- Best Sales app: The Proposal [iOS], by Ascend Studios [USA]
- Best Business Products and Services app: Cubetto [iOS], by Semture [Germany]
- Best Consumer Products and Services app: SAP Retail Execution [Android], by SAP [USA].
The winners were chosen from a list of finalists announced last month with an international jury of some 20 tablet-app developers deciding the apps that deserved a prize.