While storage isn't exactly the most glamorous area of technology, it is something that none of us can afford to ignore. With data now growing exponentially, many organisations are struggling to scale up while keeping costs down.
ITProPortal sat down with Steve O'Donnell, the CTO of Amlin, to find out how these issues can be addressed.
Steve explained why all-flash is so fashionable today, and how big data is not as problematic as many people think. There have been many really useful advances in the storage industry of late, and many of these could save companies a lot of money.
However, while there have been plenty of drastic storage improvements, Steve also believes that the technology still needs to up its game in at least two major areas.
To find out more, check out the video below.
To learn more, download the following whitepapers:
- HP Simply StoreIT overview brochure
- HP Simply StoreIT solutions for virtualisation brochure
- HP Simply StoreIT solutions for data protection brochure
- HP Simply StoreIT solutions for file shares brochure
- Take control of your data: A guide to understanding storage technologies
- Fuelling successful SMB virtualisation with smart storage decisions